46 days to first decision for reviewed manuscripts only
28 days to first decision for all manuscripts
118 days from submission to acceptance
25 days from acceptance to publication
Aims and scope
Aims and scope
Molecular Medicine is an open access journal publishing recent findings that elucidate disease pathogenesis at the molecular or physiological level, which may lead to the design of specific tools for disease diagnosis, treatment, or prevention. Manuscripts containing material relevant to the genetic, molecular, or cellular basis of key physiologic or disease processes are considered for publication. Manuscripts submitted to Molecular Medicine should describe the implications of the results for human disease and medicine, at a level approachable by our broad audience.
Criteria to consider for studies involving lnc-RNAs or micro-RNAs:
· The proposed function of the lnc-RNA or miRNA should be validated by gain and loss of function studies.
· Primary cells should be used whenever possible to confirm findings in cell lines.
· In depth investigation in the signaling pathway(s) regulated by the RNA species should be conducted.
· Insight into the regulation of the RNA species and how it relates to the pathologic state should be provided.
· If applicable: Details of initial screen used to identify RNA species involvement in pathway/disease (number of subjects, statistical tests employed, percent change from controls).